Thursday, January 12, 2012

What a difference a day makes!

Well, a day and a full night of sleep!

6 1/2 hours, solid, uninterrupted, beautiful, glorious sleep.

This morning, I ditched the cardio for yoga - wanted that restorative movement. No need to get the heart racing every single morning of my life!

One of my yogis says "Allow the grace of the breath to move you into the pose."  I love that. So very true. Thinking on that, I chose moves that encourage deeper stretches, opening up the sides and the heart, no forcing, no pushing, just sinking more and more as the breath allowed. Lovely, wonderful. Just not enough positive adjectives out there to describe the feelings that those asanas can give. Release.

It's funny - I don't think I "think" during yoga, at least not more than what pose I'm going to go into next and a quick mental check list of what's going to bend/twist/fold/straighten. But after a yoga practice I feel like I've made important decisions. Not sure how that happens, but nonetheless, I do come to conclusions for problems I was fretting about previously.

I've decided I need MORE yoga in my life, and less cardio. It may very well slow down my weight loss, but there is no deadline out there for me - no blue ribbon for life when I've hit a magical number. Yoga puts me in a better mind frame for the day. I'm calmer and kind of care less about little things. I'm  just kind of cool with what I can control and just kind of shrug at the rest of it. Let others have some say in stuff. Let go of the feeling I have to know everything. Let God be in charge. It's all good.

This place I'm in now? This is where I want to be. Where I was yesterday? Nah, not so much.

The weight loss will happen on its own schedule. Why shouldn't I just go with what makes me smile and let life flow by unhelped by me? There's just not that much I can do anyway.

Thoughts to take with me today: Wait...what's the name of my blog? Oh yeah...Choose Joy! Yep, just choose joy every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment