Tuesday, January 3, 2012

I did it!

Hey! I got a one of my bugaboo yoga moves right finally – it was the Parivrtta Parsvakonasana! (for the English speaking - it's the revolved side angle) This is the one I always seem to screw up the shoulder/hand position on. Consistently I put my arm with the hand up backwards, then try to twist it 270 degrees to get it into position and then up asking - "Really? am I just that challenged?" (last week  my yoga instructor calls me out in class... "Go ahead there Traci, I want to see you twist that arm aaaaall the way around.  *sigh*)
Anyway, what happened was that I was in my yoga room this morning and decided to only do asanas I liked - nothing hard, nothing that caused stress, just easy, lovely moves. I went into the side stretch, which is a well, a great side stretch, then found myself breathing and twisting into the angle.   Just didn’t think about my arm, but thought more about the side stretch and feeling how awesome everything felt when I exhaled, twisted and went a bit deeper. Then I realized that my arm was up PERFECTLY and of course it was perfect because there was my straight line of energy. Everything felt so freaking awesomely strong and it was lovely! And I'm like....woah....
I held it for who knows how long – as long as it felt good really, then came up. And to my credit when I went to the next side, I again focused on the stretch and then took the twist with the breath and then checked my arm and sure enough, that beautiful straight line of energy on the other side -- and NO wrenching my shoulder out of the socket!
Damn, it feels soooo good when everything aligns and I can just sink into the pose and feel everything open and breathe and relax. It feels so good when my mind is just at peace, even if it is only for a few poses. What a gift to the senses to let the mind rest.
And now, 6 hours later sitting at my desk during lunch, if I stop moving for just a second, that deep feeling of calm is still there.
Wow....
Thoughts to take with me today: breathe it in...




This is what it looks like......

No comments:

Post a Comment