Wednesday, May 23, 2012

What drag it is to say...

Ooooooh, new John Meyer CD out yesterday! Of all the artists out there, he so often sings my heart, and this CD is no exception. Lovely, sweet tone where I can imagine myself sitting in a camp chair just listening to him play directly to me, and a few of my closest friends.

 Deliciousness is.

One song, Speak to Me, in particular grabbed me. I listened to it about 20 times because I was simply entranced by the lyrics.  This line in particular....

"What a drag it is to say, at least I still have yesterday"

Think about that. What if everything wonderful in our lives was in the past and we only had our memories? Nothing to look forward to, nothing to anticipate  How empty each day would be. How sad.
But that is the beauty of life, everything wonderful in our lives is not in the past. Every single morning is another chance to make a great choice, hug a friend, smile, to be in the moment. And this moment, right now, is good. It's all good.

Thoughts to take with me today: I have yesterday, but more importantly I have today.

Namaste



 
 Want to see this song performed? John Meyer "Speak to Me" live

1 comment:

  1. I've never listened to John Meyer, but I agree completely: living in the past doesn't do us much good, does it?

    ReplyDelete