Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Feeding tubes to lose weight? Really?

OMG -- check out this link, I'll wait.

http://now.msn.com/living/0416-feeding-tube-bride-weight-loss.aspx

Okay - so the deal is that someone pays $1500 to have a feeding tube inserted through the nose to the stomach not to lose an amount of weight that is dangerous - oh no - to lose 5 - 10 pounds so they look good for a wedding.

Are... you...freaking...kidding... me?

How can a doctor do this? This has to be unethical to say the least.

Look, I'm not going to say I would have never, ever considered pretty radical stuff to lose weight. I did. But this is just going way too far. Not to mention, it's for such a small amount of weight!

Here's another thought...if a bride can't commit to the hard work to losing those last 5 - 10 pounds, which we all know is mega hard, how is she going to commit to a marriage that is supposed to last a life time?

If I'm the groom, I'm thinking we are in trouble from jump street...

Personally, I want this to be hard sometimes - good, make it hard so I'm not ever tempted to backslide into bad habits. Never easy, never a gift - always work.

Thoughts to take with me today: I value my sanity more and more!

No comments:

Post a Comment