Thursday, March 8, 2012

It's such a perfect day...

Wow! I just cannot get this song out of my head today. And it's not the Lou Rauls version, it's an upbeat, uptempo cover that I heard in spin class last night. After spending over an hour of my life looking for this song on iTunes, I gave up and sent the spin instructor an email asking for the artist.

It's a great song and I love it.

Except, I'm stuck on two lines -- just an earworm now repeating ....

"It's such a perfect day,
I'm glad I spent it with you."

Over and over and over and...well you get the idea. Kind of be nice to add more content.

The beauty of the song though is this....today IS a perfect day.  I woke up in a bed, in a house, with warmth, with food, and health. I have people that love me and people that I love. Forget 'needs'  -- that's 99% of everything I want. 

It's so easy to adopt a myopic view of life and focus on a magical number I want to weigh and hang all my hopes on that.  How about just smiling and counting all the blessings I have right this minute? 

That's so much 'more better.'

Thoughts to take with me today:  It's such a perfect day. Choose joy...

No comments:

Post a Comment