Tuesday, July 3, 2012

New month, new plan

And we cycle back to the idea of food....



My exercise is pretty much under control, I have several things I do that I genuinely like and would miss if I didn't do them. Not to mention, there have been a couple of activities I've added for fun that I'm pretty happy about. But if I am honest with myself, my food is still an issue. I still don’t want to eat at night, still nervous about gaining any kind of weight from eating past three o’clock or so, still looking at food as something inherently bad.
Seems to me, the only way to do this is to face the demon head on.
So my goal this month is to eat a balanced diet of about 1700 calories or so a day, exercise, EAT dinner(!), and weigh every day so that I can prove to myself that my body will adjust and thrive this way.
I’m setting my intention that I can do this, and that I will be successful at getting over the last big hurdle of health – the ability to live my life not afraid of food and what it can do to me, but rather accepting that food has to be part of my life and I need to make peace with it.
That’s my goal - to be normal, or at least as close to normal as I can be.
I'm going out on a limb here  - the limb of trust that my trainer has been trying to beat into my head for months. I can eat and not be afraid. It's a big deal.
30 days...I'll keep track for 30 days and see how it goes.
Thoughts to take with me today: Food is not a friend or an enemy; food is fuel for everything the body is asked to do. Accept that.

No comments:

Post a Comment